Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hustle and Bustle

We have been running everywhere - to football games and practices, showing the rental house, doing young women's and scouts, and on and on. I have some great pictures to post soon. Dakota's team spanked Timpanogos High School (where Tom teaches, by the way) 68-0 last week! Dakota didn't even play the second half because they put the second string in. He is still wanting to play defensive back, but they haven't let him so far.

Jaden's team lost the next day due to incompetent refs. I have NEVER seen such imbuciles in my life. All but 7 points of the other team's points were the result of bad ref calls. Anyway, they lost that one 23-8, but made up for it last night when they kicked the other Lone Peak team 14-6 (different refs - no surprise). Jaden had some awesome tackles and almost intercepted a pass until, as he put it, "a kid landed on his face." It would have been interesting to see him run that in for a touchdown. If he decides to plow through people, it resembles a detassler going mock-10 through a cornfield - the players go flying. Quite the site!

He said that the coaches told him that they wish he could slim down because he would be the best running back (?) they would have - anyway an unstopable person who could run the ball. We told him to give it a few years. At his grade level he has to weigh 135 lbs to be able to run the ball off a play - whatever.

Danielle, who wasn't going to go out for FCCLA (used to be Future Homemakers of America) this year, is the president of the organization again, lol. She just can't help herself. She gets involved in as much as she can and stays very busy. In fact we see her about 2 hours and then she is off to bed. Her bus leaves an hour before the boys' and she gets home about 20 minutes before they do as HS starts earlier out here -for jobs? I don't know.

Tom is doing the teacher grind right now. He already has parents being difficult. He had three girls come in with their parents wanting to change out of his class, complaining that he doesn't explain things and if they ask (which they haven't) he just says it the same way again. They evidently are "brilliant children" according to their moms so it has to be him. Nevermind the fact that the secretary overheard them talking before the meeting and heard then to have said, "if we just cry they will give us what we want." The little brats. Some parents should be sterilized :P

I rearranged the livingroom on Labor Day - I told Tom the word "labor" meant we needed to do it - and like it much better. Feels like a lot more room now. I have been writing and working and showing the rental and that is about it. I will try to get some pics posted soon so you all can see them.

1 comment:

The Tubaugh's said...

Oh, how I wish we could come and watch the boys play football! What a ball! Do most people know what a detassler is? I live in Iowa and I'm still not really sure...